Hunger games
My favorite English book is "Hunger Games". I had read the whole series. The reason that I like these books because the plots are very exciting. I considered that the author was writing about the situations in this society.
There are twelve districts in their country. The Capital holds Hunger Games every year. Every child might be sent to attend and there must be one winner. They have to kill each other in order to live. Some districts are poorer than other, so they have fewer sources to easily win the game. This is similar to the current situations. Some countries are very rich while others are not. The former keeps bullying and exploiting the latter. In the story, the Capital controls every city to prevent them overthrow the Capital. At last, it is no use. People still have the abilities to overthrow.
There are also some love stories which is the most interesting I have ever seen. The boy loved him when they were little, but they started to know each other in the hunger games. They went through many disturbances. Finally, they got married.
The stories make me happy, nervous and cry. The most memorable part is the main actor and actress, Peeta and Katniss, are in the different places. The boy was kidnapped in the Capital. Even they can’t talk directly, they still can know each other. One time, the boy hint at her that they will have a bomb attack. Another touching plot is in the cave. Peeta got hurt badly. Katniss still tried her best to save her. She even had chances to lost her life, but she still wants to help him. Just as how he treated her.
I agree that 'They have to kill each other in order to live. Some districts are poorer than other, so they have fewer sources to easily win the game. This is similar to the current situations. Some countries are very rich while others are not. The former keeps bullying and exploiting the latter.'
回覆刪除In the realistic life, whether you are a student or a worker, you should be the winner to get the chance to survive.
"Hunger games" has romantic story Peeta and Katniss, surprising me a lot.
I think 'Hunger Game' is the only series that I have finished reading because I am not really into reading before but I have to say what you mentioned is so true. Hunger Game is such a master piece that makes me read all of the books and watch all of the movies. In you article, I like you said 'I considered that the author was writing about the situations in this society. ' The reason is I have the same thought with you. By reading this book, although most of things are imaginary, you can still find out that there are still some similar situations that happened in the real world. As for suggestion, I found some grammar mistakes in your article. I recommend you using the website 'Grammarly.' This website is super helpful. Thanks for your sharing.
回覆刪除